Henrietta Hummingbird’s Sweet and Sour Cucumbers
For a family holiday she uses.
- 10 cucumbers sliced paper thin
- White vinegar
- 1-3 tsp sugar
- Lay the sliced cucumbers on paper towels for 2-4 hrs
- Then wring the slices by hand to extract any remaining liquid
- Pour one Tbsp of vinegar at a time with a sprinkling of sugar.
- Adjust to taste
Fabulous and the cucumber
When we asked Fabulous for his favorite cucumber dish, he directed us to yesterday’s post. Charming!
When pressed, he said, “Oh, honey, I decorate with them for lunch events all the time but Hubby’s the chef.” He sent some pictures and there are how to videos all over the Internet. He really didn’t explain his technique very coherently. Here are the pics though.
As opposed to someone else we know, Patty was very forthcoming.
She always keeps a pitcher of purified water with slices of cucumber in the fridge
- 1/2 sliced cucumber
- 1 pitcher of bottled water
She swears that it’s a cleanser and keeps her skin in top form
When her husband comes home, she plucks out a couple of slices and chews them thoroughly. She says it freshens her breath.
She says it’s a beautiful recipe, filled with all sorts of nutrients and healthy fats
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 cucumber chopped fine
- 1 bunch organic parsley which she puts in a food processor for a fine mince
- 1-2 Tbsp hemp seeds
- Lemon to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Good quality salt to taste
Mix together and serve.
Cabbage – A 3 Part Series
Enjoy your cucumber