- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 1 large dollop or 1/2 scoop of hot fudge, refrigerated
- Just plop the fudge on top
It may sound odd but once you try it, you’ll want it again.
- 3/4 c seedless raspberry jam
- 1 qt sliced strawberries
- 1 pt raspberries
- 1 pt blue berries
- 16 oz room temp cream cheese
- 1 3/4 c confectioners sugar
- 1 1/2 c heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pkg lady fingers
- Fresh mint for decoration
- Skip the cream cheese and confectioners sugar
- And instead use
- 3 c heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 c finely granulated sugar
- Heat the jam in a sauce pot until it’s liquified
- Toss the berries in the melted jam and set aside
- Whip the cream to stiff peaks, set aside
- Mix the cream cheese with the confectioners sugar.
- Mix in the vanilla
- Use the mixer to incorporate 1/3 of the whipped cream
- Fold in the rest of the whipped cream
- In a large glass bowl, place 1 layer of ladyfingers , about 1/3.
- Layer 1/3 of the mixed, tossed berries
- Layer 1/3 of the cream cheese mix
- Repeat to the top, finishing with the cream cheese mix
- Top with a couple of fresh berries and sprigs of mint
- Refrigerate for 8 hrs- overnight
If you want to omit the cream cheese
- Whip 3 c heavy cream with
- 1/2 c sugar and proceed as if it were the cream cheese mixture
That way it’s lighter and fresher.
- Chocolate, Oreo pie crust. (that’s what we use because it’s easy)
- 3 c mini marshmallows
- 2/3 c skim milk
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 4 drops red food coloring
- 2 egg whites
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 8 oz container of low fat frozen whipped topping.
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Heat the marshmallows and milk in a sauce pan over low heat stirring constantly, until smooth
- Remove from heat
- Stir in. Extract and food color
- Pour it into a metal bowl and refrigerate until it starts to thicken, about 20 min
- Stir occasionally
- When it begins to thicken remove it from the fridge
- Beat the egg whites with a mixer until they form soft peaks. (make sure that it’s a dry, clean mixing bowl or the eggs won’t perform.)
- Add the sugar slowly.
- Mix until stiff peaks form
- Fold the egg whites into the peppermint mix
- Fold the ready whip into the mix
- Pour into the chocolate crust and refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish with a couple of mint leaves and serve.
Sorbets and Ices
Enjoy these summertime desserts.