We’ve all heard that carrots are good for your eyes. It turns out that it’s true. Carrots are chock full of all kinds of vitamins and minerals with a host of health benefits. Anti- cancer properties, stroke deterrents, cholesterol reduction and heart attack defenders but carrots also fend off wrinkles.
You can eat them or you can wear them, both work.
- 2 carrots,peeled, steamed until soft and mashed
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Once the carrots are mashed, whisk in the honey then the oil
- Add 8-10 drops of lemon juice for dry skin. 15-20 for more oily skin
- Massage it into your face and neck for several minutes
- Obviously, you should not apply it until it’s only slightly warm.
- Let it sit for 5 min and wash it off with water
- 4 c grated, peeled carrots
- 1/2 c raisins
- 2 c crushed fresh pineapple
- Refrigerate for one hour before serving
Yogurt is one of the foods most frequently touted for its rejuvenate properties.
It’s filled with protein, calcium and vitamins. It’s also a natural source of probiotics. Eating yogurt can aid in weight loss too but best of all, it’s a skin smoother. Bye bye wrinkles.
Much like carrots, you can wear it or eat it.
- 1 c Greek yogurt, (plain)
- 2-3 drops almond oil
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Whisk the ingredients together and apply it to your face and neck
- Leave it on for 30 min
- Rinse with cool water
- 1c plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Low cal sweetener to taste
- Stir it up and refrigerate it for 30 min
- You can eat it right away. It just tastes better when the flavors meld together.
For sauces, dressings or a sour cream substitute
- Drain it
- Place a coffee filter in a colander over a bowl
- Plop the yogurt into the filter and let it sit for 2 hours at room temperature. After that it must be refrigerated if you aren’t using it right away.
- 8oz Greek yogurt, strained
- 3 Tbsp minced cilantro
- 3 Tbsp minced chives
- Whisk the ingredients together and dollop onto bowls of chili
Greek yogurt, count on it reducing by at least half. For example, if you need 1 cup of labneh, use 2 cups of yogurt
- Take a colander and line it with either cheese cloth or a double coffee filter
- Drop in the yogurt
- If using cheese cloth, tie it over the top, like a gift bag
- If you’re using coffee filters, cover it with seran wrap
- Refrigerate it for 24-72 hrs
- Check on it periodically. If the liquid that drains is milky, your filter is failing. It should be yellowish. Cloudy is fine but you don’t want clumps of white in it.
- It won’t be a problem with cheese cloth but if you’re using coffee filters you may need to replace them once or twice.
- You can save the liquid, called whey, in the refrigerator and use it as a substitute for buttermilk.
- Once you have the labneh, drizzle it with honey for an am spread or olive oil and spices for a dip. You’ll love it and your skin will love it too.