- 1 1/2 lbs cubed beef
- 1 lg handful of fresh string beans
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced
1/2 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 lg onion, quartered
- 1/3 onion, sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 c baby carrots
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves roasted garlic
- 6 c water
- 1 packet McCormick beef stew seasoning
- 5 honey gold mini potatoes, sliced in half
- A large handful of quinoa pasta
- Sprinkle the flour on the beef
- Heat the oil in a big pot
- When the oil is hot, toss in the onions, peppers and beef.
- Stir it for a few minutes, we only had patience for about 5-7 min
- Toss in the carrots, string beans, garlic and potatoes
- Stir the seasoning into a cup of water and add it
- Cover everything in the pot with water
- Make sure to scrape the flour off the bottom of the pot when you add the water so it doesn’t burn
- Simmer uncovered for 3 1/2 -4 hrs. Give it a stir every 45 min or so, scraping from the bottom to make sure nothing sticks
- Don’t skimp on the time. The beef will fall apart by the end. If you undercook it the beef will be tough
- Add the quinoa pasta for the last 15 min and cover the pot
- You don’t need much water to cook the pasta, just enough to submerge it.
- The potatoes taste great but they were gratuitous. If you love them add them but the quinoa pasta was perfect.
Enjoy your stew. Next time Indian entrees as promised, we just had to add this one because we loved it.